Sunday, February 5, 2017

YouTube Adventure

This week I set out to learn a little more about YouTube.  Sure, I've used YouTube.....when searching for a specific movie clip, an old music video, or even how to fold up a princess tent.  The only time I have used YouTube as an educational tool is when it has been required to watch a video for a class.

So, I set up my account and created playlists for different categories of videos.  My playlists include Twitter tools, Wikispaces, Web 2.0, Library, and Cricut.  I added some videos to each of the playlists and then went back to watch.

After watching the Twitter videos and playing with Twitter a little more, I can still see it as a great tool for older students.  One tip from a video suggested using as a teacher to tweet out research tips which, I think is a great idea.

Being new to Wikispaces, I found quite a few videos that helped me out as a beginner....I actually wish that I had watched these earlier!!  

I am currently not a teacher so, I looked for some Web 2.0 videos and some on libraries that I know I will not put to use for a few years.  One Web 2.0 video was about Weebly...a tool that I have not used yet but, will have to use in the future. 

After searching YouTube, I realized how much time and effort is put into making educational videos.  I can see using these videos to help teach students about different things.  I actually got a Cricut Air 2 for Christmas that I have not learned how to use yet.  I'll be watching the YouTube videos in my spare time so that I can make something crafty. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment