These were my first thoughts when I read the class assignment for the week. I had never heard of aggregate pages or even widgets. So, I got to work. First I visited the Protopage website. After setting up an account, the page seemed pretty easy to manipulate to my liking. I added widgets that linked to my blog, Twitter feed, and the class wiki painlessly. Then I tried to add YouTube. This is where I ran into some trouble. My YouTube channel would not show up. I went back to our class discussion and luckily came upon some step-by-step instructions on embedding the playlists....thank you, Alicia!!
An aggregate page, like Protopage, is a great tool for accessing everything with one simple click. I liked that I could add pretty much anything that I wanted to the page...websites, news feed, photo, or podcast. There are endless possibilities. I believe that an aggregate page would mostly be used, again, by older students, teachers in the classroom, or for parents to be up to date with happenings in the classroom. I can also see having an aggregate page as the home page in the library with links to CitationMachine, the school website, and the school events calendar for students.
Protopage seemed pretty easy to navigate. I know other aggregate pages exist,such as Netvibes. I am thankful that I researched Protopage first...the class made Netvibes seem much more complicated. And, I do not need complicated. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment