This week, I am thankful for researching a Web 2.0 tool that I really like. Diigo is a social bookmarking tool. You can bookmark any web page on a cloud....share the pages or keep them private. The bookmarks can then be accessed from anywhere!! This tool is used in place of all of those pages you save to your "favorites". I don't save things to favorites...I just keep an open tab. You can only imagine how many tabs I have open at once. I do the same thing on my phone. Once, my phone crashed. It sure would have been nice to have everything on Diigo! I would have been able to open Diigo and access everything I think is important.
In education, Diigo can be used for collaborative learning. Teachers can share bookmarks that are important with other teachers or students. Diigo also has the ability to highlight important passages and add little sticky notes. If a student uses Diigo on the school computer, all bookmarked pages can be accessed at home.
It really does seem like a great tool! I know that being able to share information is a feature that many educators may use....I really like it for my personal bookmarks. For another class that I am taking, we are required to read specific online articles. I am planning on posting the links to each article on my Diigo. This will give me the ability to read the articles without having to log on to my school account....Yay!!
No comments:
Post a Comment